PREAMBLE – ORIGIN, MISSION AND VISION TO THE FUTURE
The great evolution of Lingual Orthodontics and ESLO’s Organization in the last 15 years (1992 to 2007), opens new chances and horizons in Europe and in the World of lingual Orthodontics.
In our modern World research and continuous improvement change things so quickly that ESLO has to initiate his own change management.
The aim of giving ESLO New Bylaws in 2008 is to recognize as well:
- On one hand the ESLO tradition from the very beginning of the founding philosophy status in 1992 (French and Italian Members).
- On the other hand adapting ESLO to the fact of growing Lingual Orthodontics to other Nations of the E.U. and the increasing number of new Countries joining the E.U.
- ESLO’s important chance to give a positive response to the great demand and feedback of non Europeans to ESLO’s Actions and Congresses.
- ESLO’s opportunity to fix measurable goals to develop Lingual Orthodontics in Europe in line with ESLO’s Vision, ESLO’s philosophical issues and Values, ESLO’s Mission Statement and Strategy published for the first time in the 2006-2008 Council President Alain DECKER’s ESLO Newsletter1, August 2007.
ESLO VISION 2020
ESLO Policy Statement 2020:
- 4 years’ Strategy Planning for Congress Continuity and Sustainability.
- Strategically Development of office position in ESLO Council.
- Strategically Development of Active ESLO Members as speakers.
- Result Orientation: Leading ESLO Active Members to proven Excellence in Lingual Orthodontic Results.
ESLO Leadership Statement 2020:
Past-President’s teaching the transition to Successor President of ESLO Council:
- 4 years ‘Adopt – Adapt – Improve’ program in line with ESLO’s Vision.
- Presidents’ 2 years training program for ESLO Council, ESLO Board, ESLO Scientific Committee, ESLO Case Evaluation Committee, in line with ESLO’s Vision, Mission & Values.
ESLO Growth Statement 2020:
- ESLO Membership development in the 25 E.U. Countries.
- Biennially goals to increase number of ESLO Active Members.
ESLO Vision & Bylaws Improvement Statement 2020:
- Every 4 years ESLO bylaws and vision are reviewed (2012, 2016 and 2020 a.s.o.).
ESLO MISSION STATEMENT
- No competing with other scientific societies in lingual orthodontics, but involving them in the implementation process.
- Listening to suggestions of ESLO Active Members and all stakeholders to adapt the ESLO Organization by gradual improvement.
- Providing measurable assistance to lingual orthodontics by providing high-quality conferences and selected top-flight speakers on all existing techniques in worldwide lingual orthodontics.
- Creating a step by step document of written rules for case presentation: Procedure for new ESLO active membership.
ESLO 3 PHILOSOPHICAL ISSUES
- Does it conform to reality?
- Is it fair in all respects/to all parties?
- Is it profitable and useful to all parties involved?
ESLO 4 KEY CONCEPTS & VALUES
- Science & Research.
- Training & Competence Development.
- Loyalty, Collegial Approach.
- Transparency, Traceability.
The bylaws describe and define the responsibilities of the leaders and the members of ESLO. It outlines its structure, rules, governance of each type of membership, and the principles which guides its activity as a Society, whose objectives are the advancement of Lingual Orthodontics and guided by the ESLO Vision & Mission Statement, the ESLO 3 Philosophical Issues and the ESLO 4 Key Concepts & Values.
It shall be the duty of all ESLO members to uphold the honor and dignity of the Society and to conduct themselves, both professionally and personally, in such a manner as to bring no reproach upon themselves, the Society or the profession of Orthodontics.
The Vision gives a guide for successful governance to the ESLO, a star to aim far away from us.
It is the way to follow, to reach ESLO’s long term goals.